Nominations are open for the 30th Annual WPS Volunteer Awards!
Nominations of residents from the following counties are encouraged: Brown, Shawano, Oconto, Kewaunee and Manitowoc.
Please take the time to honor the enormous impact that volunteers make in our community by nominating an individual or group for one of the WPS Volunteer Awards. The Volunteer Awards program is put on by the Volunteer Center of Brown County and sponsored by Wisconsin Public Service. The deadline for nominations is March 2, 2018.
Why take the time to submit a nomination?
- ⭐It is a powerful way to honor the impact that a person or group is having in the community! Each nominee will be our guest at the Awards Breakfast, which will take place on Thursday, April 19 at the KI Convention Center. All nominees will be recognized at the event.
- ⭐Submitting a nomination creates greater awareness of the organization where the volunteer gives their time and energy.
- ⭐Recipients and runners-up of the awards will receive a cash prize that they can donate to the organization of their choice. The youth recipient and runner-up will receive a scholarship.
- ⭐The nominee may also be selected by the Volunteer Center as the “Volunteer of the Week” or as a recipient of the “Wisconsin Heroes” award during the following year.
Nominations can be submitted in the following way:
- ⭐Complete an application through the Volunteer Center’s website http://www.volunteergb.org/2018-wps-volunteer-award-nomination
Whether or not an individual or group is actually the recipient or runner-up, they will be honored that someone took the time to acknowledge their service to the community. Completing a nomination form doesn’t have to take much time, but doing it will truly brighten the life of someone who is strengthening our community through their volunteerism.